Allesley Park Evangelical Church regards child protection and good working practice as a priority. In the interests of the safety and well being of all children and young people, it has developed and operates a formal child protection policy, which is registered with the Churches’ Child Protection Advisory Service.The church is committed to ensuring that everyone working with children or young people:
– has undergone a Criminal Records Bureau check at enhanced level,
– is adequately trained and supervised,
– understands and follows the church’s child protection policy.
The child protection policy may be viewed and/or a copy obtained from the church premises at Allesley Park Evangelical Church, Whitaker Road, Coventry CV5 8NB
As part of this church’s commitment to children and young people it has appointed Mr Andrew Holdham as Child Protection Co-ordinator. All the children and young people involved in activities within the church know him and how he can be contacted.
Should the church have any child protection concerns it will seek the advice of the Churches’ Child Protection Advisory Service and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities.
Allesley Park Evangelical Church
• recognises that child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
• is committed to supporting parents and families.
• recognises the unique and individual worth of each child.
• is committed to nurturing, protecting and safeguarding children and young people.
• exercises care in the appointment of all those working with children and young people
in the church, working to ‘Safe from Harm’ principles.
• is committed to following statutory, denominational (if relevant) and specialist guidelines in working with children and young people.
• is committed to supporting, training and resourcing those who work with children and
young people and provide regular supervision.
• will review its child protection policy annually and register it with CCPAS.
If you have any concerns for a child or in relation to any child protection matter then
please speak to one of the Child Protection Co-ordinators.
Further details about child protection policies, training in child protection, the Criminal Records Bureau and the quality assurance review can be obtained from the Churches Child Protection Advisory Service, P O Box 133, Swanley, Kent BR8 7UQ telephone 0845 120 4550. Email email@example.com Web: www.ccpas.co.uk
© 2003 Churches’ Child Protection Advisory